About Storsand Gård
Storsand Gård has been owned by the same family since 1926. The first owner in the family was farmer Bjarne Angen. In 1968, Bjarne’s daughter, Svanhild Marie Ronæss, and her husband, Anton Ronæss, started Storsand Gård Campsite. Svanhild was the oldest of three daughters, giving her the right to take over the farm. Bjarne advised her against farming and, instead, suggested using the stately property for some other purpose.
The campsite had humble beginnings, with only 12 cabins, a small sanitary building and a shop. Over several decades, the farm’s livestock grazed the area, helping to keep the vegetation down. This cultivated landscape, combined with the beautiful nature of the area, simplified the development process. Sandfoten, the name of this section of the Storsand Gård property, proved to be particularly well suited as a campsite.
Over the next 15 years, the campsite was developed gradually, ultimately reaching
the size it is today. Anton died young and Svanhild ran the campsite alone for many years.
In the mid-1990s, ownership of the campsite and farmhouse was transferred to Svanhild and Anton’s youngest son, Lars Ronæss. In 2008, extensive renovation work was started on the campsite and farmhouse, which is still ongoing. Svanhild continued to be directly involved in running the campsite until 2011.
Svanhild was born in 1934 and still has a keen interest in the campsite and, most of all, its guests. She can often be seen walking around the campsite with her walker.